Free Range Hard Body Chickens
The perfect chicken is being reared in the following environment:
- Access to a pasture or large grassy area with shady trees during daylight hours.
- Hens must be allowed to perch at night and roam freely by day.
- Access to feed indoors and outdoors. This must be free of hormones or antibiotics and ideally include shoots, sprouts, grass, worms or insects.
- Access to fresh water is critical.
UMLEQWA/HARDBODY CHICKEN (FREE RANGE)
Chicken cut into pieces
Herbs (rosemary, thyme and oregano)
Optional: You can also add bay leaves
- Put the chicken in a dish, cover with water, add some herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano and onion) and let it soak for 2 to 4 hrs or overnight if possible. This will help marinate the chicken and reduce the cooking time and add the flavour).
- Put the chicken in the pot, u can boil the chicken with the same herbal water
- Keep on stirring and add more hot water as it boil
- Simmer for 1hr
- Once the chicken is soft and all the water is finished
- Fry the chicken with onion until soft
- Add the chicken stock and cook for another 15minutes
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Let it simmer for another 10min with the stock
- Serve with Pap or dumpling