Free Range Soft Chicken
The perfect chicken is being reared in the following environment:
- Access to a pasture or large grassy area with shady trees during daylight hours.
- Hens must be allowed to perch at night and roam freely by day.
- Access to feed indoors and outdoors. This must be free of hormones or antibiotics and ideally include shoots, sprouts, grass, worms or insects.
- Access to fresh water is critical.
Research has shown that pasture reared chickens have the following benefits for us as opposed to battery/caged hens. (USDA Nutrient database)
- Three times as much Vitamin E
- Two times as much Vitamin A
- Eight times more Beta carotene
- Three times as much Omega 3