800g fresh mustard greens, trimmed and chopped
2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas
1 small red onion, chopped
2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 to 2 piece fresh ginger, chopped
4 to 6 red or green chilies or jalapenos
2 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
-½ teaspoon ground cumin
-1 teaspoon ground turmeric or 11/2 piece of fresh turmeric, peeled and finely grated
-1 cup plain whole fat yoghurt
-1/2 cup heavy cream
- Put cooked or canned chickpeas aside
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together the onions, chilies, garlic, and ginger to form a thick paste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion-chili paste and stir and for 5 minutes or until the paste is lightly browned.
- Add the turmeric, coriander, cumin, masala, and curry leaves to the pan and stirs for another minute.
- Next, add the tomatoes and salt and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped mustard greens and stir until the mustard greens are cooked, according to your desired texture
- Stir in the chickpeas and simmer until the sauce for 10 minutes or until the curry has thickened, stirring occasionally
- Whisk together the yogurt and cream and stir into the chickpeas. Simmer for another few minutes and serve hot